Dock Systems Inc.’s Accessibility Statement
Our ongoing focus on website accessibility
We recently updated dsi-canada.com to improve the accessibility of our website. This included:
- A new design, based on revised brand and stylistic guidelines, paying attention to colour (which now meets AAA criteria), spacing, fonts, and so on.
- A semantic, structured approach to content
- Improved accessibility of our content (following best practices for alternative text for images)
The website was designed with WCAG 2.1 adherence, but accessibility is a process of ongoing improvement and refinement.
Our ongoing focus on on-site accessibility
Dock Systems Inc. is committed to providing equal access to our services to all our current and potential customers, including those with any type of disability. Our goal is to ensure that the Policy and related practices and procedures are consistent with the following four core principles:
- Dignity- Persons with a disability must be treated as valued customers who are as deserving of service as any other customer.
- Equality of Opportunity- Persons with a disability should be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use, and benefit from our goods and services.
- Integration- Where possible, persons with a disability should benefit from our goods and services in the same place and in the same or similar manner as any other customer.
- Independence- Goods and services must be provided in a way that respects the independence of persons with a disability. To this end, we will always be willing to assist a person with a disability but will not do so without the express permission of the person.